Coursedog has built a real time bi-directional integration to both GET and POST schedule & curriculum planning data into Peoplesoft. The solution is built to follow OVI designation best practice standards in mind around architecture, and security. All data exchanges are handled through REST APIs that are exposed through Integration Broker (IB). Coursedog provides a PeopleCode Application Package that can be loaded through Application Designer. The code is compliant with the Oracle App Engine and does not require modifications to delivered PeopleSoft objects. Due to this the solution is compatible with Campus Solutions 9.2 and backwards compatible for 9.0.
See the PeopleSoft data workbook for a list of current supported fields and objects.
Coursedog Integration Methodology
Please visit our Coursedog Integration Methodology for more information about our approach.
Requirements & Assumptions
Coursedog assumes you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Peoplesoft Campus Solutions v9.0
- Peopletools 8.52+
- Database Oracle 11.+ OR Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Oracle Integration Broker
- The Oracle Integration Broker Gateway is pre-configured to allow third-party inbound web service communication
- Target locations are set up and available externally through https
- Nodes are configured for a valid PS user with access
- Process Scheduler is configured and running
- Institution is using corresponding baseline PeopleSoft processes (e.g. Course Scheduling, Course and Program inventory)
*The Institution is responsible to meet the needs of their specific environment.
- Ability to whitelist IPs as needed for Test and Production
**Coursedog supports an industry standard transfer protocol for both approaches. Coursedog will install a lightweight client that will pull the information from your database and expose the information externally via SSL/HTTPS. All transmissions will be handled over SSL so no need for you to open any additional ports (443).
See the following document on installing the integration interface. The document includes information on how to configure permissions, Integration Broker, and the Application Designer.
- PeopleSoft Scheduling Rules
- Coursedog Integration Methodology
- How Can I Manage Linked Sections for a PeopleSoft School?
- Peoplesoft Standard Meeting Pattern
- Handling duplicate instructors in Peoplesoft
- Peoplesoft Course Attributes and Effective Dating
- Coursedog Security Overview
- Single Sign On (SSO) Integration
- How Merges Work in Coursedog