Filter out integration data that we don't want in the Coursedog environment, for example, instructors with a status of Inactive, rooms of type 'office', buildings of type 'Residence Hall', instructors who don't have a school-based email address, departments that are defunct, etc. Remember that you filled out the filtering rules with the client in the Data Workbook and now you need to enter them into the Admin Console:
When we discuss filtering with our clients we do so in high level statements and prevent them from spending too much time on it. Typical filters for a client look like this:
- Exclude terms older than 2017
- Exclude inactive instructors
- Exclude inactive rooms, and rooms of type ‘Dormitory’ or else only include a set of rooms using a list of explicit room ids
- Exclude or include buildings by their building code/id
- Exclude or include departments by their department id
- Courses --we don’t usually need to filter courses but sometimes we exclude inactive courses or courses that belong to departments we don’t want in Coursedog
- Sections –we never include filters for sections
How to Add Integration Filters
- To add an integration filter go to the Admin Panel -> Integration Filters screen.
- You can create filters for each object type (terms, rooms, buildings, departments, courses, sections, professors).
- There are four different types of filters and there are good instructions on the screen that describe when and how to use them.
- There's a test button that when clicked will pull the integration data, apply the filter and display the results