In the Curriculum and Scheduling products, there is a pre-built field called 'Allow Integration' that allows a user to whitelist/blacklist individual Coursedog entities we POST from syncing back to the SIS.
- When 'Allow Integration' is "Yes", updates will send back to the SIS for that entity.
- When 'Allow Integration' is "No", updates will NOT send back to the SIS for that entity.
- When 'Allow Integration' is blank (or not included in the form), the default behavior is to send updates back to the SIS for that entity.
The supported entities are outlined below:
- Curriculum - Courses & Programs
- You can access and add the pre-built 'Allow Integration' field within the Course & Program templates and forms
- Note on exception: Within Curriculum for Programs and Courses, no updates will be sent back to the SIS for that entity if i) 'Allow Integration' is not explicitly yes (thus, empty/blank will prevent an update for the entity to be sent back to the SIS), AND ii) the SIS is configured for the
useAllowIntegrationflag, which gates the legacy behavior. Check with your Data Engineer or our Support Team to confirm this is configured for your instance in the integration setup
- Scheduling - Sections
- You can access and add the pre-built 'Allow Integration' field within the Section Template (Settings > Field Options > Section Template)
Scheduling - Additional Details
- The primary use case for using the 'Allow Integration' field in the Section Template is to outline whether a specific section (and its accompanying relationship, if any) should or should not be POSTed to the SIS.
- In other words, certain institutions may wish to have the ability to selectively turn off sending back section/relationship updates for specific sections while still keeping those sections in Coursedog. In this instance, the institution should add the 'Allow Integration' field to the Section Template (Settings > Section Template). Users will then be able to designate an entity (Section) record to be excluded from the POST integration by navigating to this section in the Section Editor and toggling the 'Allow Integration' field to NO. This will result in this section NOT being considered as part of the merge data set, and the section will persist in Coursedog despite not existing in the SIS.
- Note that, if 'Allow Integration' is blank (or not included in the form), the default behavior is to send updates back to the SIS for that entity (i.e. treated as 'true').
Curriculum - Additional Details
See mention of 'Allow Integration' here.