Request approval for Events directly within the Coursedog Events User Interface (UI). Note that which type of event you are able to submit requests for may depend on your Role permissions, which were set by your institution admins.
Initiating the Request in the Coursedog UI
From the Homepage, select ‘Request an Event’ under ‘Actions’.
You will be prompted to select an Event Type for your Event (based on the Event Types configured by your institution). Ensure you have an understanding of the various Event Types so that you can make a selection correctly.
Completing the Event Form in the Coursedog UI
Based on your Event Type selection, you will be directed to the correct Event Request Form. The Event Form has a series of ‘cards’ (Event Information, Meetings & Location, Contacts, etc.) where a collection of questions are stored. Complete the form's requested fields.
Required fields: Your institution has decided the information that is required in order to run an Event of each specific type. When completing your request be sure to pay close attention to required fields, which are designated with a red "required" symbol in their label. Required fields must be completed in order to be able to submit the form successfully.
Meetings & Location Card: Your event can have multiple meetings if you require multiple rooms or the event is spread across time (i.e. a recurring meeting).
Within the Meetings & Location card complete the following:
- Whether your Event will occur All Day
- Start Date and End Date of your Event
- Start Time and End Time of your Event
- Whether your Event will Repeat (i.e. have a recurrence pattern)
- Note on Multi-Day Events: In order to ensure your multi-day event is accurately displayed on the calendar we recommend users create a new meeting for each day of the event. This is because events will only display on the calendar if their meeting start date is within the date range of the month, week, or day calendar view. To easily add multi-day meetings users can leverage recurrence patterns. On the ‘Meetings & Locations’ card, select ‘repeat’ and configure the desired settings. There is no limit to how far in advance you would like your recurring meeting to go
- The Location of your Event: When viewing Rooms you can filter by room Availability, Room Type, Room Features, or you can search for specific Rooms
- Rooms that would result in a double-booking conflict will show up with a red border
- Note that selecting ‘Select No Room’ or ‘Select TBA’ (in the bottom left) could result in your Request being delayed or rejected (unless your event is not happening in-person)
- While selecting a room or resource, users can click to see the event calendar for that room or resource, which will show when the room or resource is available. Clicking this button will open a modal that allows users to view the calendar, filter academic events, and switch between Month, Week, and Day views
- Whether your Event will require Resources
- When adding Resources you must indicate Quantity
- If you do not need any Resources, select ‘No Resources Needed’ in the bottom left corner
- While selecting a resource, users can click to see the event calendar for that room or resource, which will show when the room or resource is available
Note that, in the event form Meetings card, there is a button called "Copy Existing Meeting" in the bottom right. Clicking this button creates a copy of the last meeting created, but the copy will automatically remove the so as to avoid creating a double booked room conflict.
Contacts Card: Indicate who will need to be notified about the progress of the Event request (the Event Requester (the person submitting the form) will automatically be added as a contact to be notified on status). Note that you can specify whether or not to send email notifications to other contacts for the event.
Submitting an Event Request in the Coursedog UI
When you have finished completing the Event Request, click ‘Submit Event Request’. Once submitted, your dashboard will display successful submission.
Tracking an Event Request in the Coursedog UI
Upon submission, click on ‘View Request’ to see details of your event. From this view, you can see where your event is in its approval workflow and what activity has been taken on the Event request by reviewers (under ‘Request Toolbox’). You may also delete your request in the top right of the screen.
Alternatively, you may also find the Event Requests you created by navigating to ‘Requests’ on the left hand navigation and clicking on ‘Created by Me’.
Clicking on the Request name will take you to the specific Request’s page to view details and status.