1.1 Setting a School's branding and themes within Coursedog
Note: to set up your School's logo on Coursedog, you must have access to the Admin dashboard.
Within the Admin dashboard, go to your School Profile > Settings > Logo & Styling and add an image of the school logo.
1.2 Begin Scheduling via Rollover
Coursedog makes it easy to rollover sections from the previous term to the current scheduling term. Via Coursedog’s integration with your SIS, it takes just a few steps to complete a schedule rollover.
Step 1: Perform a standard rollover in your SIS. Once your rollover is complete you can turn on the term in Coursedog
Step 2: Enable the integration in Coursedog for that term via the integration dashboard
Term data will then flow into Coursedog during the nightly synchronization and you will be able to begin scheduling.
Coursedog's built-in Rollover functionality should only be used by homegrown SISs for the following reasons:
- Certain section fields cannot be rolled over in Coursedog.
- With Coursedog's rollover functionality, you will not be able to preview all section data prior to executing the rollover. Only basic section/course information will be visible.
- Coursedog does not have the ability to POST section deletions, therefore manipulating section data following the rollover will be especially difficult.
If you do perform a rollover in Coursedog in an integrated environment, please make sure the following steps are done to ensure the process of syncing data to the SIS does not create additional errors:
- Ensure real-time integration is turned off when you perform the rollover
- Ensure that either through a nightly or manual merge, you sync all sections (and relationships) to the SIS.
- If any errors occur in the previous step, make sure those errors are fully resolved and resync the data.
- Once all sections have been synced and there are no merge errors, you are welcome to turn back on real-time integration.
- If performing a rollover for relationships, this rollover MUST be performed before the section data is synced with the SIS as the relationship rollover relies on a process of matching the Section Ids, which will be broken once the SIS generates new Section Ids.
1.3 Review Integration Best Practices for Registrars
There are 3 key aspects of the Class Scheduling integration process that Registrars should be familiar with and manage:
- Once the term has been rolled in the SIS, turn on the inbound flow of term data into Coursedog
- Once the schedule has matured, post it back into the SIS
- Once the schedule is finalized, disable bi-directional flow of information
The Integration Best Practices article explains how to manage all three. Additionally, for guidance on standard integration configuration practices for Class Scheduling, refer to this article.