4.1 Resources Overview
Coursedog provides tools for the maintenance, scheduling, and management of resources. These include items like A/V components, furniture, computers, setup or tear down, ushers, operators, and other equipment items and services you may have.
4.2 Adding Resources
To add resources (equipment or services), click on Resources in the left hand navigation bar and then click on '+ Add Resources' on the upper left hand corner.
A modal will appear for additional details to add a new resource.
- Enter a name to identify the equipment being added.
- Enter a description.
- Choose the “Equipment” or "Service" resource type from the drop-down list.
- Specify a quantity to indicate the number of these items available to be simultaneously scheduled.
- If there is a cost associated with the use of the resource, add cost.
- If you would like to limit the item to only being used in specific locations, select from a list of allowed rooms. Keep in mind that this will only allow the resources to be used in that set of rooms.
- Once this is saved, you can click into the resource to check your work. You may optionally add an image file to represent the service.
4.3 Adding Resource Contacts
Once you have added a resource, you can click into the resource to add one or more resource contacts. Click on the Resource and then select Resource Settings on the upper right corner. Scroll down to find the Resource Contacts card within Resource Settings > General Settings and click on '+ Add New Contact.'
Enter the Name, Email, and Phone Number information for the contact. Indicate whether or not the contact should be notified if an event using the Resource is added or edited. To learn more about Automatic Event Notifications, click here.
4.4 Adding Resource Setup and Teardown Services
You may optionally associate setup and/or teardown services with the resource item. If a setup or teardown service is associated with the item, you must assign the setup and teardown times associated with the resources used or you will receive an error as shown below.
To add setup and/or teardown services for the resource, click into the resource and navigate to ‘Resource Settings.’ Within Resource Settings, click on the Setup Services section.
You may now fill out the setup or teardown service you would like to add to the resource item.
4.5 Creating a Workflow with a Resource
To set up a workflow so that someone gets notified anytime a request is created within a room, add a workflow step to the room, which can be found inside of the Room Settings.
- 'Step Name' defines what this workflow will be called, for example: "Resource ABC Workflow"
- 'Participants' are the folks that should be notified when this room is requested
- 'Required votes for approval' defines if there are multiple room approvers how many need to approve it in order to be granted
- 'If rejected at this step' defines whether a proposal returns to an author or someone else.
Note that in order for this to actually be embedded within a Workflow, the user must set up a workflow with a dynamic step (that pulls in this workflow step), as defined in Workflows for Events.
4.6 Resource Calendar
In the Resources page there is a Resources calendar that shows all events using each resource for a specific day or week. Navigate to the Resources tab and select Calendar in the upper right-hand corner.
Additionally, each resource has its own calendar with List, Month, Week, & Day views. Navigate to the Resources tab and select a resource from the Resources list. The selected resource's details will appear. Select Calendar from the menu at the top and the resource-specific calendar will appear.