Event Forms and Workflows are associated to Event Types. To navigate to the Event Type building tool, go to the Settings menu and click on Event Types.
5.2 Navigating to the Event Type building tool
To create a new Event Type, click on '+ Add Event Type.'
A new card will appear. To create a new Event Type add the following:
- Name of event type
- Description of event type
- Effective Start Date: when events of this type can start to be scheduled. If effective dates are defined, users can only submit requests through that event type within the effective date range. By default, event types are undefined, making all event forms available.
- Effective End Date: when events of this type can no longer be scheduled
- Days in Advance Limit:
- Allowed Roles: What roles are allowed to request/schedule events of this type using an Event Type Form. If no roles are set, all roles are allowed.
- Calendar Color: What color events of this type will appear as in the events calendar
- Auto Add Setup/Teardown Meetings: If selected, setup and teardown times will be automatically added to event requests based off the selected room and resources.
- Note that in order for this to happen, the selected rooms and resources must have default setup times defined and set to 'Not Required' within their Settings (if set to 'Required' within their Settings, users will have to manually add the set up time to the event).
- Auto Add Setup/Teardown Meetings will not occur if a user has already defined any setup and/or teardown meetings in the request (i.e. the user's times take precedence and will not be overwritten).
- Additionally, setup/teardown are not added to all day events because there is ambiguity over when the setup times should be (by default they are added right before/after the event meetings).
Note: If you are a CLASS SCHEDULER customer, you should NOT name an Event Type "ACADEMIC".
The Calendar Color selected is reflected in the Calendar to provide a holistic view of Event Types happening over a day, week, or month
5.3 Adding an Event Form and Event Workflow
You will be returned to the Event Types Window. Select your newly created Event Type and begin to build out your Form settings.
A new card will appear. Select Create New Form or Copy an Existing Form.
To create a new form, follow the documentation here.
To copy an existing form, enter the form Name, select the Form to Copy from the drop-down, and select the Workflow to copy from the drop-down.
5.4 Editing or Deleting an Event Type
Institutional needs change and may dictate that an Event Type be modified or deleted. If you need to delete an Event Type, or edit the Event Type Name, Description, or Calendar Color, you can do so by clicking on the blue pencil (Event Type).
To edit an Event Type, simply overwrite the desired fields.
To delete an Event Type, click on Delete Event Type.
5.5 Editing or Deleting an Event Type Form
If you need to edit, preview, or delete the Event Type Form, you can do so by clicking on the blue pencil (Form).
To edit, preview, or delete the Event Type Form, click on Edit, Preview, or Delete.
5.6 Editing or Deleting an Event Type Workflow
To assign a new workflow, you can do so by clicking on the blue pencil (Form)
Select Approval Workflow drop-down menu.
To edit the assigned workflow, you can do so by clicking on the blue pencil (Workflow).
To edit Workflow, follow the documentation here.